The [New Version] CHIYODA Single Watch Winder is a quality handmade piece with an appearance to match. Customers are appreciative of its quality build featuring a wooden case and an acrylic organic glass display that permits viewing of your quality watch. The glass is highly transparent, does not scratch or break and compliments the quality of the overall design. The case has a stylish finish too, featuring Piano baking varnish which provides a high gloss finish.
A watch winder is a device that provides a mechanical solution to physically winding a watch and replicates the motion of your wrist for self-winding automatic watches. It ensures your watch stays running when you are not wearing it. Two important advantages of using a watch winder, is that the watch will remain in top running condition while stored and the case provides an effective method of dust-proofing. It is also worth noting that daily winding is essential to keep high quality watches in excellent working condition.
The motor in the Chiyoda is Japanese and customers are ecstatic at its quietness while running. It runs by way of a provided AC adapter as well as having the option to use battery power if you so choose.
Features of the CHIYODA Watch Winder
- Design – A quality, handmade, Japanese single watch winder
- Motor – is a Japanese MABUCHI and belt driven. It runs quietly with no noise.
- Footprint - 13 x 12.8 x 15 cm. The design is vertical to assist with saving space.
- Watch Pillow - The pillow is adjustable to fit different-sized watch bands for versatility
- Program Settings – There are four available: Mode 1 (1440/TPD), 6mins clockwise, rest for 30 minutes, repeatable. Mode 2 (1440/TPD), 6 minutes counter clockwise, rest for 30 minutes, then repeated. Mode 3 (5760/TPD), 20 minutes clockwise, rest for 10 minutes, then 20 minutes counter clockwise, rest for 10 minutes, then repeated. Mode 4 (2152/TPD), 10 minutes clockwise, 10 minutes counter clockwise, repeated for three hours, rest for nine hours, then repeated. Plenty of choices to suite a variety of watches.
- Winding Modes – There are three, being clockwise, counter clockwise and automatic bidirectional. These ensure the accuracy of the turns per day and the rotating position.
- Finish – is a deluxe piano baked varnish resulting in a high-gloss lacquer finish.
- Body – is high quality solid wood. The high-gloss finish gives the case an elegant look that is unique while maintaining a compact footprint.
- Power – can be operated using regular power or batteries. A 100-120v AC Adapter is included however 2 x 1.5V batteries will need to be purchased separately. The adapter should always be removed if you choose to use batteries.
Tip - this winder will not wind Seiko Kinetic watches
Specifications for the CHIYODA Winder
Measures: 5.1 x 5 x 5.9 inches
Weighs: 2.9 pounds
Warranty: One Year
What’s Great About the CHIYODA Single Watch Winder?
- Runs extremely quietly
- Small footprint
- Has four programmable settings
- Has three winding modes - clockwise, counter clockwise and a combination of both
- Very affordable compared to other quality winders
- Excellent quality, with an attractive polished finish
- Constructed of high quality materials
- Exceptional performance
- Pleasing design
- Has a variegated cherry-wood veneer on the case
- Winder is handmade
- Completely exceeds expectations.
- Easy to operate
- Velvet pillow inside holds the watch securely
- Uses two batteries or an AC adapter
- Ensures your watch keeps perfect time
What’s Not so Great
- Some customers think the TPD (turns per day) is too high
- Motor is quiet at first, but gets noisy after a period of months
- Will not accommodate thick/large watches. Watch may come in contact with the glass
Customer Feedback and Reviews
This is a popular winder and many customers have outstanding feedback for the CHIYODA Winder and rated it accordingly, which is exceptional. Things they like about it include its quiet operation, quality, value for money, four programmable settings and easy to use functionality. Customers are also impressed with the way their watches kept perfect time after using the winder. Some customers have experienced issues with the motor getting noisy after a period of months, the TPD may be too high for some watches and thick/large watches may touch the glass because of clearance issues. To read more customer feedback, you can read all the reviews here.