The ORBITA Sparta Deluxe Watch Winder is great for anyone who values quality in their watches will also value quality in a winder and this double watch winder is the perfect companion for expensive watches.
One of its outstanding features is the patented ROTORWIND system which mimics the swinging action of a wrist instead of a direct rotation movement. This benefits the watch’s longevity. This feature sets these winders apart from other standard winders. The movement is provided via two programs, being a standard ten minutes and an extended fifteen minute program. The drive motor makes one turn which causes the watch to swing over the course of several oscillations, mimicking the action of a wrist.
Another part of the ROTORWIND system involves a low-current draw-drive motor which requires only one revolution to produce several oscillations and results in power being used for a few seconds only, for each ten or fifteen minute cycle. This ensures a lengthy battery life. Lithium batteries also provide outstanding longevity with a five year minimum guarantee and if “made in the USA” is important to you, then you will be able to rest easy knowing that the Orbita Sparta Watch Winder is indeed made in the USA.
Features of the Orbita Sparta Watch Winder
- Design – a quality, deluxe double watch winder
- Exterior Case – is Burl Wood providing an attractive appearance
- Interior Case – complements the exterior with an interior lining of luxurious suede
- Movement – is designed to mimic the natural swing of wrist movements by way of the Rotorwind movement which is patented. It includes a ball-bearing construction and solid-state controls which work together to make sure the unit does not require maintenance and lasts for a long time
- Programs – there are two, a ten minute program (standard) and a fifteen minute program (extended) providing variety and choice. These programs are closely linked to the Rotorwind movement system in that only a few seconds of power is required every ten or fifteen minutes to power the winder.
- Batteries – these are lithium batteries which are guaranteed for a minimum of five years providing these are the batteries you use in your Sparta watch winder. Two of these batteries are required for successful operation of this watch winder. These batteries are linked to the performance of the Rotorwind movement as well as the winder’s programs.
- Noise Level – is silent according to customers and is achieved by use of the Rotorwind movement system
- Band Material/Band Color – Burl wood box
- Band Width – 10.2 inches
- Dial Color – is black
If you are looking for an Orbita single watch winder you can find our latest review here.
How does the Orbita Rotowind movement work?
- Measures: 8 x 10.2 x 6 inches
- Weighs: 9 pounds
- Origin: USA
- Item No: BURL W07013
- Warranty: Two-year warranty for any defects in materials and/or workmanship. Optional extended warranty also available.
What’s Great About the ORBITA Winder?
- Works perfectly runs quietly
- Finish is beautiful
- Ideal for your heaviest and best watches
- Worth the price
- Well built
- Batteries last a long time
- Secure and delicate attachment to the watch pillow
What’s not so Great
- Expensive, but Orbita makes quality watch winders
Customers that have provided feedback for the ORBITA Sparta Watch Winder have left stellar ratings. Things they like about it include its quiet operation, longevity of batteries, reliability and stunning appearance. They are also impressed by its obvious quality, as well as the gentle yet secure way the watch pillow holds the watch. To read more about what customers have to say, you can read all their reviews here.
The ORBITA Sparta Two Watch Winder is available online and you are welcome to check the latest price for it here. Customers are impressed with the overall quality and build of this double watch winder and while it is expensive, they feel it is worth the money. Based on customer feedback we are pleased to echo current customer opinion and recommend it as a great buy.